Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Powerful Mind = Powerful Body


 I have always been a firm believer in the power of ones mind. What you put out directly correlates with what you will reap. For example you wake up in the morning and think “$*#*, It’s another Monday”. Most likely it will be a crappy Monday. You wake up and think “Let’s start this week off amazing”! I bet you have a great day and a great week!  I want to explore some ways to enrich your life by just changing the way you think.

 Ever heard the saying “mind over matter”? There is a whole lot of truth behind that saying. When you’re working out are you constantly thinking this is so hard or I can not do another set? Try this out try thinking I got this or my personal favorite that I honestly use all the time is “This is not the hardest thing I have ever had to do”! When you start really breaking down what your doing down to the minute or set, you can really start tricking your brain. When you’re glaring at the timer on the treadmill and there is only 5 minutes left, think about how quick 5 minutes is rather than how long. Think about all the simple tasks you can do in 5 minutes and how 5 minutes is nothing!  Mind over matter, right? If you don’t mind it doesn’t matter.

Researchers continue to explore the effects of positive thinking and optimism on health. Health benefits that positive thinking may provide include:

·                                 Increased life span
·                                 Lower rates of depression
·                                 Lower levels of distress
·                                 Greater resistance to the common cold
·                                 Better psychological and physical well-being
·                                 Reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
·                                 Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress

The theory is that positive and optimistic people more often then not lead healthier lifestyles. They tend to be more physically active, don’t drink or smoke. Negativity is contagious so work on surrounding yourself with positive people. Keep your head up shoulders back and never give up. Find what drives you and don’t loose your sights.  When you give up you're letting someone else win, don’t give them the satisfaction.



"If I think I can, even if I don't have necessarily the ability to do it, I may actually do it. And, if I think I can't, given that I have the ability to do so, I'm likely not going to do it."( www.asep.org/node/64)

No comments:

Post a Comment